30-day independence: Week 1 was complicated, but not impossible to learn. After the lesson and workout for day 6 today, I played the day 5 workout at 3/4 speed until satisfied. As long as the accuracy is there, speed can be added later. The Day 6 is just an introductory beat for week 2's lessons, and things won't get complicated until Wednesday and Thursday.
5-minute warmup: One time through at 85% of 137 bpm, and 99% accuracy. Felt good. Try 90% tomorrow.
Method 2.7 (Rock): Played better than yesterday, not perfectly, but perfectly adequate, considering. Not going to try instructor's 110 bpm, going to settle for the 70 bpm that's on the beat and fill PDFs. Decided that this is where I'm going to give myself a gentleman's passing grade and move on. I won't put as much time into the Metal and Punk play-alongs. If I haven't wrapped up Method level 2 by the end of May, I'll be surprised.
Transition points in sight. Will Level 3 be continued progress or a headlong smash into a brick wall?
No comments:
Post a Comment