(1) Drumeo Method: Technique
(2) Better Doubles in 10 Days
(3) Beginner Pad Warmup at 100% speed
(4) Learning "Rikki"
Anywhere from 90 minutes to 2 hours each evening, taking one item on the list at a time and working through it. Slowing down where necessary, always making sure I can play it properly regardless of speed before moving on. Coming back to it later to try to improve the speed. Hey, I'm learning something.
There's the full stroke, the tap stroke, and the down and up strokes. Not covered yet is open/close, but I've looked into that elsewhere on YouTube. Still haven't gotten comfortable with the technique where the palm is facing down and the fingers are pulling upward to create the fastest strokes. I've watched multiple videos but can't see well enough how the pro does it so I can duplicate it.
However, a few days ago I accidentally came up with a way to achieve the same effect by pushing the fingers downward against the thumb. It resembles Groucho wiggling a cigar. I've never seen a video that taught it that way, but it's more comfortable and feels more natural than the way I've seen it taught. And it works.
With my background, I go back to the way the golf swing is taught, and the way tour pros vary from it. "Not how, but how many" is the common way of putting it.
No comments:
Post a Comment