I've already voted, so now all there is to do is wait. I have accepted outside help to counteract the current stress, because it ain't over yet. The help keeps me in a better frame of mind, but has a corresponding negative effect on personal activities that go beyond the absolutely necessary.
I'll put the practice pad in front of me and the sticks in my hand, although I am under no illusions as to the result. Oh well, some days 100% effort is at a lower level than others.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
1:07 a.m.: with low expectations, I completed Day 10 of the 10-Day Doubles Challenge. The first part, through the 6-stroke rolls, was played at 75% of full speed, and the 7-stroke rolls and up were accomplished at 67% speed. I could only play those at 60% two days ago. Improving a little bit each day.
Then some more hi-hat openings, once more played at less than 100% speed, but played properly at increasing speeds starting at 50% of the full 60 bpm and working my way up, again with emphasis on accuracy at each faster speed.
Considering I didn't even feel like doing this at all tonight, there's something to be said for a small victory.
No comments:
Post a Comment