Tuesday, December 24, 2024

Not a conclusion, but...

There is no one perfect grip for everyone, no matter what some instructors will tell you.  I know for a fact that there are different pitching motions, different batting stances, with different places to grip the bat.  There isn't as much variance in current pro golf swings (except Jim Furyk), but years ago there was no mistaking Lee Trevino's swing for Jack Nicklaus's swing.   The player picked what worked best, what felt best, and perfected it.

When I played, I liked the Nicklaus advice that consistently playing the ball off the left heel both cut down on guesswork on placement, as well as producing a high trajectory, and that is better for holding greens.  

So 16 months after my first lesson, with that consistency in mind, as an 18-handicapper drummer I'm going to try to use one method and groove that.  If there's time, I can add to my tool belt, but at least concentrate on and develop competency with one method instead of playing multiple ways the same amount of time and equally poorly.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

The latest direction

The most recent section of the Intermediate part of legacy Method has some standard beats and fills for different types of songs.  The last ...