Tuesday, June 24, 2025

Carrying On

Still going, slowly.  I want to do the final Beginner level 3 playalongs before moving to Intermediate level.  It's slow going, but at least I don't feel anxious because I'm trying to do more than I have the ability to do.  One piece at a time.  

The first playalong consists of beats and fills that have already been covered.  But at one point, I couldn't feel sure I knew what the instructor was playing, even after slowing it down to the minimum 50%.  (Unlike YouTube, the only speed choices are in units of 25%, with nothing between 50 and 75, 75 and 100, etc.)  So I used Win/Shift/S to bring up the screen capture and recorded the section in question at that speed, then played it back in VLC at half of that, or 25%, and then I got it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The latest direction

The most recent section of the Intermediate part of legacy Method has some standard beats and fills for different types of songs.  The last ...