Friday, January 9, 2026

No to that, yes to this

I’m not going to do anything more with the adding speed lessons.  Playing paradiddles at 150 BPM is not something I would ever use, and although I told myself I would only have to do it for a week, after three days I’d had my fill of it.  Put it this way, on that subject my curiosity was satisfied pretty quickly.  

Practicing pocket was what I did last night in its place.  Once I slowed it down and understood what the instructor was playing, I was able to do it myself.  Fifteen minutes of pocket at the assigned speed kept me interested.  

Next on the list of this intermediate unit is ghost notes, and although it seems like they wouldn’t be heard with a full band playing, I’ll give it a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The latest direction

The most recent section of the Intermediate part of legacy Method has some standard beats and fills for different types of songs.  The last ...