Drumeo has fixed some issues that emerged after their overhaul earlier in the year. The one I like most is that they brought back slower video playback speeds. They'd had 50% / 75% / 100% and dropped the 75%, and when I told customer service, she said I wasn't the only one who felt that way. She assured me it would be back soon, and a few days ago it was, as well as the addition of a 90% setting.
Taking a break from Legacy Method in favor of "Kick, Snare, Hat", which features a pro at a kit containing just those 3 items, and 30-Day Independence. It's OK, in large part because I can slow down the oral lesson and the demonstration to something I can follow.
The man behind 30-Day Independence is much younger than the usual Drumeo Challenge teacher, and he keeps saying we can move around the kit if we get bored with the original pattern. Maybe a Carlock-in-training or similar pro in the making could get bored, but judging from the comments, many more of the students are like me, hanging on for dear life at full speed and welcoming the newly-reinstated speed reduction mode.
Here's how it went tonight. It was my second time through 16-note snare grooves, this time playing along at 75%, with the final section even slower because I needed to. Then watched Day 3 of 30-Day I and practiced the Day 1 assignment, again at reduced speed. It does wonders for my confidence to accomplish something, and I can tell myself if I work at it, 100% playback isn't out of the question.
No comments:
Post a Comment