Yoyoka has finally covered Home At Last. If I'd seen this before Sina's version, I might never have started learning drums. But now I can tell myself that it's OK. "Compare and despair" is out.
If there's one thing I wish I'd understood before beginning drum lessons at age 66, it was this: "Don't aim for mastery -- aim for curiosity." I've been enjoying myself ever since.
Monday, November 27, 2023
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The latest direction
The most recent section of the Intermediate part of legacy Method has some standard beats and fills for different types of songs. The last ...
-
All in a day's play: Completed 6-stroke roll lesson at recommended speed. (Pass) Watched 6-stroke roll applications. (Audit - no grad...
-
I'm doing the Single Stroke Roll 4 exercises in Drumeo Method Intermediate part 2, and just began the Everyday Hand Technique challenge ...
No comments:
Post a Comment