Wednesday, August 21, 2024

A particularly satisfying bite of the elephant

Another day with practice devoted to the Method lesson on paradiddle applications.  Not up to full speed, but I can play all 3 exercises.  Working my way up.

Took another look at Rikki.  It felt so difficult back then, and now after listening and re-listening to a Moises thread, slowed down to half speed, and after reading and re-reading the music and slowing down my effort to a speed where I can understand what's going on, now I have that feeling that playing this part is a reasonable possibility, even a probability someday soon.  When I see and hear what's really going on in the part, in my experience the next thing I feel is a sense that I can do this, and that I want very much to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The latest direction

The most recent section of the Intermediate part of legacy Method has some standard beats and fills for different types of songs.  The last ...