Thursday, November 27, 2025

Keeping On

On schedule, on to Exercise 2:  Putting 4-stroke Moeller into practice in Drumeo Method.  Right hand lead is reasonably competent in stretches at the designated speed of 32nd notes at 50 BPM.  Still room for improvement.  Left hand lead is weaker, as expected.   Practiced every day this week (Mon-Thur), working on competence first, then speed.  Anticipating Exercise 3 beginning next Monday.  

Found a 10-minute video of a drummer playing a half-time shuffle at 128 BPM and I'm using it for pocket practice.  I'm playing it at 50%, meaning that I play until the video hits 5 minutes in to get 10 minutes practice.

So, 15 minutes of Moeller and 10 minutes of Purdie.  Any more than that brings in diminishing returns.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

The latest direction

The most recent section of the Intermediate part of legacy Method has some standard beats and fills for different types of songs.  The last ...