Monday, December 1, 2025

Progress, a little at a time

A sort of practice session, based on curiosity and experience.

1st:  Fundamental section - tonight, Moeller 3a (RH lead) and 3b (LH), s l o w l y.  Full speed is 90 BPM, so on day 1 I cut that in half.  A note at a time if need be.  15 min.

2nd: Pocket for relaxed play - tonight, a half-time shuffle, played at half the original speed of 120 BPM.  Option of adding a few BPM if I feel like it.   10-15 min.

3. Dinking around on a song for fun.  Not a song with a drum solo, but a song with a drum part.  For example, Get Back, Come Together, The Sweetest Taboo, that kind of thing.  (Whatever is chosen, it doesn't require more than Ringo's drum set.)  10-15 min.


Process:  Make it so each task is achievable without great difficulty.   If I feel like I know how to do the tasks and steps in a creative task, whether it's photography, writing, cartooning, or drumming, then I am more likely to go ahead and do it without procrastinating.   


Trying a little more structure, based on the above observations.

SUN:  watch the lesson only.  observe.  learn, if you can.

MON:  begin at half speed (slower if need be)

TUE:  if half speed works, try a little more speed

WED: continue to pick up speed where possible

and eventually

SAT:  how do you sound today?

SUN:  finish, and begin the new week's lessons by watching only, observing, and learning something if possible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The latest direction

The most recent section of the Intermediate part of legacy Method has some standard beats and fills for different types of songs.  The last ...