A week on the 3-stroke Moeller, a week on 4-stroke, and a week on 2-stroke. Good use of time each week. Feeling comfortable on practice pad.
Then comes the lesson entitled "Applying the Moeller Method." Going to have to slow everything way down. The instructor is playing new material only at speed. Maybe that's appropriate for Intermediate level, but I felt like he'd gone from unit 3 to unit 7 without enough preparation. He says not to be afraid of slowing down the video, but I let it throw me off for a day or two. Today I slowed it to half speed, the maximum allowable, and things became clearer. At least now I can see what he's doing, and I can figure out how to learn to do it.
Watched a jazz pro play Home At Last while sheet music scrolled onscreen. It was like listening to French spoken by a native at full speed with subtitles; still too fast to get everything, but slowing it down made it more comprehensible.
No comments:
Post a Comment