Friday, October 24, 2025

Just a formality

Ended 3-stroke Moeller on Sunday, started 4-stroke Moeller on Monday.  Feeling some tightness and soreness in my right forearm, but that could have been triggered by pulling a bunch of weeds in the back yard.  

Last night, it was RH first, then LH, then both hands together for a total of 15 minutes.  After that was twenty minutes of practicing pocket on a slightly advanced rock beat.  Forgot how to count for a few seconds and had to stop the music to get re-oriented.  Finally, saw the song The Way It Is pop up in my list and followed my curiosity to download the sheet music and pair it up with the original 40-year-old video.  Slowed it down, matched the beat to the sheet, and it began to sink in. 

Doing something like this every day.  Begin by warming up lightly, then taking on the lesson that I'm spending a week on learning, another lesson where I can play along with music, and still another where I try to repeat something until I hope it's second nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The latest direction

The most recent section of the Intermediate part of legacy Method has some standard beats and fills for different types of songs.  The last ...