"Curiosity over mastery" exhibit the latest: The YouTube algorithm produced a six-minute Steve Jordan practice loop, and after listening to it for a minute, I bookmarked it for later. Tonight, I recorded it from the video with the intention of learning more about what he was doing (at a much slower speed, of course). No sheet music there, but Facebook (I think) showed me a short video on how to play a couple of claves, and I got tabs for both along with the audio. Sounds like fun.
After the 30-Day Independence and Ash Soan challenges are complete in a couple of weeks, I'll still have a number of lessons under the legacy Intermediate Method, but from the titles they appear to be putting past lessons into practical play-along form. I'm going to take a break from them and focus on getting better at the basics from the first-level lessons. Pick out some beats and some fills, and nail them down as though I were going to play them with a band. But also, have fun with those grooves that caught my attention along the way. Get control over small pieces before trying to learn a complete song.
No comments:
Post a Comment