I'd been limiting myself to the practice pad for a few weeks, since I wasn't having fun on the e-kit. Just thought it would help to go back to the time before buying the kit, when drumming was nothing but interesting and enjoyable.
Good results, back to having a good time keeping good time and avoiding the stuff that was causing stress. Anyway, today I sat back down on the Roc-n-Soc and powered up the e-kit. First tentative step was playing along with a Drumeo workout led by Michael Jackson's drummer, playing the Billie Jean money beat for 5-6 minutes. Then a Drumeo Method lesson on eighth note fills, and I was able to complete the exercises, increasing speed on each from the initial 60 bpm to 120 bpm.
I felt like continuing, but that was an hour of playing, longer than usual, so I stopped before something went wrong or I strained something from overuse. Instead, without sticks, tapped out a half-time shuffle on my legs, ghost notes and all, and did that for I don't know how long. That's improving, too.
And I get to do it all again tomorrow!!
No comments:
Post a Comment