I had my list all ready for tonight. First, continue to learn how to play the basic bossa nova beat, about 20 minutes. Then, since I've finished the 10-Day Fills Challenge and performed the Day 10 assignment to my satisfaction, take that off the list and return to the Method, level 3, course #5 and pick up where I left off.
And finally, wrap up the 30-Day Drummer with its final-day songs and move on. I might not do them perfectly at full speed, but if I can play them at a reasonable BPM, then I'll be satisfied with that. I don't believe anyone at Drumeo would expect a hobby student (as opposed to a super-motivated Drumming-Is-Life! pupil) to spend weeks on one piece until they can play it 100% perfect. It's not A+ or nothing for me.
But what actually happened is that I went down a rabbit hole and did nothing on the to-do list. No need to get into details, but I will say that down that hole was something I needed, not something I wanted.
So I did it, unapologetically, and tomorrow it's back to the list.
No comments:
Post a Comment